Monthly Archives: January 2014

Got regex mojo? Not so fast!

If you think you’re a regex person (not following what XKCD has told us), and that most problems can be solved with simple (yet always too simple) regular expressions, I’ve got a challenge for you: http://regex.alf.nu/.

I know a bit of regexes (use them quite a lot with VI’s search, but it’s not ECMAscript), and I’m stuck at abba. 😀 Gotta study a bit more, or learn how to think again. I could match all the “should not match” words, would be a matter of inverting the match, but I couldn’t find a way to invert the search… thanks, ECMAscript! 🙂

I hope you have better regex mojo, you’ll need it!

Back, and with hitboxes!

Hello there! After a short break, I’m finally getting back on track! This last month has been quite a ride, so many new experiences and, while not busy busy busy, been lazy lazy lazy. 🙂 Truth is, I’ve been resting or running errands when not working, and the little time I had at home I used to relax and rest a bit.

Can’t say it didn’t work out, after all, here I am once again! 😀

I took some time to also beat some S3&K with Super Tails (on the cellphone, touchscreen gaming is hard!) and Warcraft 2 (only did it before on the PlayStation, the PC version seems to be much nicer, although more rough), things I’ve wanted to do for quite a while!

While we’re at it, another game-related thing is my new commit on the MM3 repository! I’ve finally been able to test hitboxes (even the “debug” mode works now!) and it works great! It’s not a JAWS feature, but my implementation will do. I still need to adjust its size for the current animation (different shapes, different boxes), but that’s work for another commit.

Beside everything, now that I’m a full time Java developer, I’m learning more and more about its design patterns and how things go together on large systems. It’s been a wild ride, but I’m quickly getting used to. 🙂 Gives me the creeps to look at some of my old implementations, they desperately need refactoring! 😀

See ya!